If you are a foodie, then you may have come across MAXI Mango, a mango-based dessert, that has people talking about from all over the world. Like it or not, but MAXI Mango has made quite an impression in the local food markets.
This Philippines-based startup established its Manila outlets in Robinson’s Galleria and SM Mall of Asia. Since then, eager customers have only lined up for hours to get their hands on the tasty mango delights.
When you visit the Philippines, you will see people standing in lines, waiting patiently for their turn to try the popular dessert from Davao. If we say that MAXI Mango is more popular than Starbucks in the Philippines, don’t be surprised because they are one of the most popular food items in the country, more popular than Starbucks coffee.
Despite the long lines, it is surprising how individuals actually have contradictory opinions about the product. On social media platforms, you will see posts saying how delicious and tasty MAXI Mango is. On the other hand, you will see people saying how MAXI Mango failed to stand up to the expectations.
All we can say is that you will find critics everywhere and they are just difficult to please.
Nevertheless, let’s concentrate on MAXI Mango. If you are interested in having your own MAXI Mango franchise, seeing that the mango-based super delicious dessert has a business potential for, then you can easily avail the franchise.
This post is for all those aspiring franchise owners who want to own a branded outlet. In this post, we will discuss everything you need to know about acquiring a MAXI Mango franchise, including a detailed review of MAXI Mango.
Let’s get started.
MAXI Mango – History
Husband and wife duo Ivan Velazquez and Miki Arceo-Velasquez started the MAXI Mango business in December 2017 in Davao. You may have heard of Michelle ‘Miki’ Arceo before. She was a former housemate in ABS-CBN’s Pinoy Big Brother (PBB) TeensEdition. Her batchmates included Gerald Anderson and Kim Chiu.
Both Ivan and Miki were in the soft serve business for several years. But success came knocking their door when they launched MAXI Mango at The Food Truck Festival, a popular outdoor giant food bazaar in Davao. They started as a franchised soft-serve ice-cream in a stall, and in three years, things took a significant turn, and the rest is history.
The husband-wife duo has been selling soft-serve ice-creams for years. But MAXI Mango came in as a rescuer and catapulted their business to a nationwide scale. Today, every other entrepreneur who wants to enter the food industry is looking to franchise MAXI Mango. The popular MAXI Mango branches include:
- Robinson’s Place Manila
- SM Fairview
- UP Town Center
- Robinson’s Galleria
- SM Mall of Asia
- Maxi Mango Manila Branches
- SM CDO
- Gaisano Mall of Tagum
- Gaisano Mall of Davao
- Maxi Mango Davao and CDO Branches
The MAXI Mango food stall business is now spread over 25 different locations in the Philippines, including 12 shopping malls, food bazaars, and more. The couple got the idea from soft-serve ice-cream. All they had to do is take a glass, add some blocks of Davao mangoes and scoop some soft-serve ice-cream. The result was incredibly delicious MAXI Mango.
The reason why MAXI Mango got so popular might be because people in the Philippines have an emotional connect with mangoes. Today, MAXI Mango sells different desserts available in different sizes – from small to large.
It is safe to say that MAXI Mango has taken the Philippines by storm in just three years. Today, there are over 43 MAXI Mango outlets in the country. Showing no signs of slowing down, the husband-wife duo has started offering MAXI Mango as a franchise as well.
If you are into the food business or want to enter the food industry with something unique, there is no better option than taking the MAXI Mango franchise.
MAXI Mango – Ingredients and Recipe
Mangoes are the most popular fruit in the Philippines. It is available in numerous varieties year-round. Filipinos love mangoes, and this might be the reason why MAXI Mango was positively accepted by the people. There is a reason why mango is called the king of fruits. It can be eaten ripe, unripe, raw, and mixed in various snack items, desserts, and dishes. So, it should not surprise you when we say that mango is the Philippines’ national fruit.
Adding the cherry on top, MAXI Mango was born and has since rejoiced kids, millennials, and adults equally. MAXI Mango desserts are essentially mangoes with ice-cream in a cup. It comes in four different varieties.
- MAXI Mango – the original dessert from the brand, MAXI Mango is a mango-flavored ice-cream that has layers of fresh Davao mangoes in between the soft-serve ice-cream.
- MAXI Mango Float – MAXI Mango Float is MAXI Mango with crushed graham and cream.
- Mango Shake – this is a trademark beverage from the company. It is made by blending mangoes and ice-cream together and serving it with crushed ice.
- Mango Juice Float – Mango Juice Float is made by topping natural mango juice with the company’s signature mango-flavored soft-serve ice-cream.
There is another reason why MAXI Mango is so popular. When you order your cup of MAXI Mango, you will realize that the cup has a generous amount of mangoes. These are special mangoes that are commercially cultivated in Davao. Davao mangoes are quite popular in the world.
These mangoes are incredibly sweet with the right amount of ripeness. While each MAXI Mango dessert has its own unique taste, the majority of the people love MAXI Mango Float for some reasons. It can be because it has cream and crushed grahams and less of the soft-serve ice-cream.
Nevertheless, Filipinos love MAXI Mango, and they will generally have at least one cup of this dessert daily.
MAXI Mango – Price
The following is the price list of MAXI Mango products in all sizes:
- Mango Float
- Small – Php 75.00
- Medium – Php 95.00
- Large – Php 109.00
- MAXI Mango
- Small – Php 59.00
- Medium – Php 79.00
- Large – Php 95.00
- Mango Juice Float
- 16 oz – Php 59.00
- Mango Shake
- 12 oz – Php 85.00
- 16 oz – Php 95.00
Hailing from the nation well-known for producing the sweetest mangoes in the world, the company doesn’t compromise on the quality of their MAXI Mango desserts. Therefore, the mangoes used in the preparation of MAXI Mango desserts are strictly shipped from Davao city in the Philippines.
While MAXI Mango has gone PAN Philippines in just a short period of time, the company is eyeing the global markets with them already opening an outlet in Singapore’s Capitol Piazza.
Even the mangoes for the Singapore outlet are shipped from the Philippines. This shows how dedicated the brand is when it comes to maintaining the promise of the taste.
Franchising MAXI Mango – what you need to know
We know that seeing the rapid success of the brand, you want to be a part of the revolution. You can easily franchise MAXI Mango if you want to. But you will have to go through an application procedure and will have to submit a few essential documents to close the deal with the brand.
The application process:
- In order to apply for the franchise ownership, you will have to prepare the following documents. These documents need to be submitted as soft copies, along with your online application form. The required documents include:
- Applicant’s Income Tax Return (ITR) or financial statement of business for the last three years
- 2 valid government-issued IDs like driver’s license or passport
- Previous three months’ bank statements
- Police / Barangay / NBI Clearance
- Curriculum Vitae, Resume, or Personal Data
- Once you have gathered all the necessary documents, you need to fill out the application form for franchise ownership. Visit https://maximango.com.sg/franchising/
- In the application form, you will have to provide your personal details. This includes your name, contact number, email address, nationality, country of residence, country/city of interest, and a “Tell Us More About Yourself” section.
- Please note that MAXI Mango, at present, only provides franchise to people living in Asia Pacific countries. And only shortlisted applicants will be able to go further with their application. Once you submit the form, they will reach out to you. [Text Wrapping Break]
- Experts at MAXI Mango will evaluate your application form. And if they find your bio interesting, you will be scheduled for an interview. At the time of the interview, you will need to submit a notarized Disclosure and other necessary documents, as required. [Text Wrapping Break]
- If you clear the interview, you will be awarded the franchise ownership grant. You can use the grant for securing permits, a lease contract, and other related documents required for your proposed venue.[Text Wrapping Break]
- You will be required to settle the franchise ownership fees within 20 days after the approval of the grant. You will also have to pay for the ocular inspection of the venue and construction list. [Text Wrapping Break]
- The venue will be inspected, and the proposed outlet design will be approved. After that, construction and fabrication of the Kiosk shall commence.[Text Wrapping Break]
- In the meantime, MAXI Mango will conduct staff training. And once everything is set and the outlet is ready, they will schedule the delivery of initial inventory and equipment.
There is no information about how much capital is required for the ownership of the MAXI Mango franchise. As you go through the process, you will be informed about the fees and charges associated with the application.